- that is mission-centered, with an established educational philosophy
- that is based on inclusiveness and the education of the whole child
- that requires high academic and behavioral standards
- that provides small classes and individual attention with excellent and passionate teachers
- where communication between the school and the home ensures that actively engaged parents share with us the same goals for your child’s success
- where we recognize that success in a complex and rapidly changing global society requires that children are not only actively taught the content knowledge of academic subjects, but also the essential skills of creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, social responsibility and adaptability, creativity and resilience
- where children are known, heard, learn through challenges, celebrations and failures, in an environment where the adults are committed to their success
The Cornerstone school was imagined and started more than thirty five years ago, by a small group of parents, who were committed to providing an alternative model of education for their children.
As a small independent school, The Cornerstone School has over the years successfully adapted programming to ensure that the education of children is relevant to the needs of a changing society in which they will find themselves as young adults. The philosophy on which the school was founded remains intact, as does the very deliberate choice of the school name, The Cornerstone School.
(or foundation stone
) concept is derived from the first stone set in the construction of a masonry foundation
, important since all other stones will be set in reference to this stone, thus determining the position of the entire structure
.”, Wikipedia .
The intention at The Cornerstone School, is to instill in young children the foundation for a lifelong love of learning and to provide for all of our students, an education that will produce a lifetime of benefits.